Your Donations, Please!
At the Kolping Society, through our Work Opportunity Programme, we assist those who are:
- Feel inadequate
We help them to:
- Take responsibility for their own future
- Discover and develop their skills
- Be the best that they can be
Our work programmes amongst the unemployed youth within the greater Johannesburg, Soweto, Zandspruit and Cosmos City require donations and sponsored goods from companies and individuals who have the means and the hearts to assist.
Only eight thousand rand will put one beneficiary on the right track to turn their life around:
- Step 1: a 12 day SETA accredited work opportunities programme (WOP) where they are taught necessary life skills such as HIV/Aids awareness, comprehensive World-of-Work™ and financial planning. The programme is under the guidance and service of a qualified psychologist and social worker.
- Step 2: sponsorship to further their studies or trade in a relevant field determined through career counselling, personality and practicality. Examples include information technology, welding, plumbing, office management, secretarial work, a career in the hospitality and retail industries.
- Step 3: finding permanent employment or ‘job shadowing’ to build up required experience.
Our aim with the WOP is to develop an individual who is able to contribute to their families and society in general, and become a well-rounded and educated asset to their future employers.
We are appealing for your, or your company’s sponsorship for this programme. Only R 8 000 will assist one person to undergo the life skills programme, basic training in a chosen ‘hard’ skill, and a first placement with an employer.
Every year Kolping successfully trains and places 400 individuals throughout the country, with training centres in Western Cape, Eastern Cape and Gauteng.
In addition to the WOP programme, we organise youth support-groups, outreach programmes after disasters, collecting school shoes/bags, clothing, used furniture and household-goods for underprivileged families. We do a thorough needs analysis to distinguishing what is essential to the specific communities we are assisting.
Companies and individuals can too contribute to this cause by donating new school shoes/bags and second hand clothing, furniture and household-goods.
All donations of sponsored goods can either be collected by a Kolping member or dropped off at the various Kolping training centres. If you wish to donate money, please deposit via EFT into the following account and notify Kolping via email, fax or telephonically.
NEDBANK- CHEQUE ACCOUNT
ACC. NO 1902194586
BRANCH CODE: 151405
KOLPING CHEQUE ACCOUNT
Your assistance could just change someone’s life forever. We appreciate any and all donations!